Sunday, August 31, 2008

Summer Nights.

After getting a surprise visit from the evil twins, Emily and Sonia and causing a great delay in my departure, I finally was on my way to Long Beach. It's been such a long while since I've been there and i thought it would be refreshing to spend some time away from Irvine. I also needed to wash my car, so i figured ill do it at home home.

My dad takes my brother and i out to Guppies, which i haven't been in forever. Its so much bigger than i remember. I ordered a kimchi fried rice which i barely ate any of because of the after effects of a pretty treacherous night. I was definitely not being M.I.P.

My dad then took me to a Korean market to buy some groceries. He was telling me different things he does at his place to cook and was giving me tips on how to cook at home. So i bought some duppoki (rice cakes), some kimchi udon noodles, edamame, and mandoo (dumplings). Im excited to eat Korean food at home. and damn, that bag of rice will last me a long time.

After getting my car cleaned up, scraping the bird shit off and getting it shiny again, i made my way back to Orange County. I pretty much ended the night hoping around place to place hanging out with whoever was down to kick it. It's nights like these that i enjoy most. Where there is nothing better than enjoying the company that surrounds you, even if you are frantically writing up AGTs. When you surround yourself with amazing people, you will have an amazing time, no matter what. You know when you are around the best people when the little things turn into adventures. Heres to the home stretch of Summer 2008.

1 comment:

SuJ said...

home stretch man, i forget that it's still summer!!