Thursday, September 17, 2009

ready

I'm sitting here on my laptop and have been on it since I've gotten back from practice. Practice ended early tonight but it's not like im going to find myself going to sleep any earlier. Practice for MCIA is probably the most productive...which isnt saying much...i have been feeling recently. I work during the day but thats just me sitting in front of a computer with occasional questions on the phone or a card I have to copy out. At least i get paid for it. Fortunately, today during work, I started work on my position I will began for the school year which is being the Stay Over Program coord again. We came up with our theme for the program and cleared out the old paperwork in the binders. Definitely, one of the most accomplishing days at work in a while.

I am actually glad that school is starting soon; that anticipation that ill be on the grind again and hustling and bustling everywhere on campus is very enticing. I am kind of over these mindless days where i wonder what is out there for me the next day or the day after. Maybe its partly my fault and I could push myself to get out there and actually do something about it, but i guess thats why im eagerly anticipating fall quarter to start: the rush of welcome week, classes, and SOP awaits me.

Its exciting to see everyone around me doing big things and not only makes me so proud of them, but it also gives me hope for my future. Despite this talk about "no jobs" and recession and shit, to see my friends going to grad school, getting offered job, traveling abroad makes me want to work hard during my last stretch of college so that i may enter the real world....which seems scary as fuck to me.

So I am ready. Ready for what life will throw at me. I recently hit a hurdle and i hoped and prayed for a way to get through it, and it happened. I have hope for my future and what is to come.

No comments: